Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tip : Making Your Foundation Last Longer!


I actually picked up this tip while watching Nikki Phillippi's apartment tour (you can visit her Youtube Channel here).   She was mentioned a cool trick she had picked up to get the most out of your setting spray, and make your foundation last even longer.  Since it's the middle of summer and it's stinkin' hot in Southern Ontario, I figured this would be the perfect time to share this foundation trick.

Setting Spray : Mac Fix + (retails $20 Canadian)

Step One : On a clean face apply your favourite daily moisturizer or lotion.  I personally use Marcelle's Essential Oil Free Multi Defence Lotion*.

Step Two : Once your lotion is applied, spray your setting spray of choice all over your face.  Be sure to let it dry before continuing on with Step Three.

Step Three : Apply your favourite foundation (or BB Cream - I use Marcelle's BB Cream*), blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, etc.

Step Four : After you are completely finished you make up, spray your setting spray once more.

And that's simply it!  I find by spraying the setting spray both before and after your foundation is the key to making it last longer.  I find my BB Cream lasts 8 hours plus, even in this hot weather!  What is your trick to making your foundation last longer?
-xx Sally

*To read more about my Marcelle's lotion and BB Cream, you can read my blog post on them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment