Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day!



Happy Canada Day everyone!! I wanted to dedicate a post to this wonderful country I am proud to call my home :) I also wanted to share a couple of facts about Canada which I thought both Canadians and non-Canadians would enjoy!

Canadian Facts 
Confederation : July 1, 1867 
Landmass : 9970610 km2 (second largest country) 
Capital : Ottawa 
Icon : Beaver 
Motto : "From sea to sea" 
National Sport : Lacrosse 

Canadian Inventions 
Five Pin Bowling : T.E. Ryan 1909 
Zipper : Gideon Sunback 1913 
Telephone : Alexander Graham Bell 1876 

My Canada Day plans include; going to my local park to listen to a few bands, have some food, a couple beers, and of course watching the fireworks! What are your plans for the day / night?  We'd love to hear about them and see photos! 
-xx Sally

P.S. Want to learn more about Canada Day, or find out about event's ?  Visit the Canada Day website here

No comments:

Post a Comment