Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Big Step in the Right Direction

A few days ago I found out some really exciting news, and I wanted to share it with all of you!  I recently found out that my boyfriend of 3 years is going to be moving to Toronto with me at the end of the summer!  I really couldn't be happier!  We always knew that we would move in together but we figured it would be after both he and I had finished school (I'm at Ryerson for Photography and he is a Brick and Stone Mason Apprentice).  However due to recent events, he is able to move up with me and get a job in the Toronto area. 

Some of you may be wondering why a young couple who has been together for 3 years is moving in together.  Well for me and him, we both knew that this is the next step in our relationship, and it's a step we're both willing and ready to take.  Chris and I have been talking about this for a while and feel we're both ready.  We're also excited as the last two years we've had a long distance relationship while I'm at school and it'll be nice to see him every day.   I think there shouldn't be a time line on when couples move in together, get engaged and married.  It really depends on each couple, how strong their relationship is and if they're both ready or not. If you think you're ready to move in with your partner, make sure to talk about it, and make sure that you're both ready for it.  It's a big step and something that shouldn't be done on a whim.

The next couple months we'll be looking for an apartment to live in, and getting everything we need.  I'll be sure to keep you all post on our events (if you're interested) and how we get on with furnishing our place as we will be on a budget.  We plan on getting a few things from our families and saving money where we can.  I'm really excited to actually have a place to really decorate as last year I lived in a small place with two other girls and the year before I was in residence.  I have to say that I'm more excited to decorate than he is, but since we're splitting everything 50 / 50 he'll have a say in what he get, and will have to come along to help choose and carry everything!

I'd love to share our journey of finding and decorating a place with all of you, so let us know if you'd like to hear more.  And if you have any questions on finding a place or relationship advice you can comment below or tweet us!
Have a wonderful evening!
-xx Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment