Thursday, May 10, 2012

Beauty Haul

Hello everyone! I recently took a trip to the drugstore and may have gotten a little carried away with some beauty products. I decided that I would try not to only just say what I got but give a mini-review. Some of the things I purchased however can't really be given a proper review until I have used it a few times. Enjoy!


Aussie Moist Shampoo & Conditioner - I change my hair routine often and I always want to try new products and I recently asked what shampoo you all were using and I read some other blog posts about what the best drugstore shampoo and conditioner were and aussie came up on everyone's list. I have only used it once and so far so good, I won't be able to see the full effects for another few weeks though. I picked up both for $3.99.


Montagne Jeunesse Face Tonic - I recently watched Fashionrocksmysocks favourites video and she mentioned the Montagne Jeunesse  masks and while browsing the store I saw them in a small box, I figured what the heck I'll give it a go. I tried it just before writing this and I quite liked it. It had a subtle tingle and once I removed the mask my skin looked brighter. The nice thing is they aren't expensive so it would make for a nice treat. I picked this mask up for $1.99. 


Jergins Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer - Summer is approaching quickly and I am still white as a ghost, and I do love being fair but it gets sickly at times. I have had bad experiences with self tanning lotions and I decided I'd give the foam a try. I only want a light glow, just to give myself some colour. I won't be able to say whether this is working for another week or two (I am very fair) but so far no streaks or orange bits, but it has that awful self tanner smell... if you can't get over that this isn't for you. I picked this up for $10.99.


Revlon Lip Butter - I am obsessed with Revlon Lip Butters, I find that they are quick to add some colour to your lips and they don't dry them out either. This is my fourth lip butter and I don't want to say too much because I do want to write a full review on them. I picked up this lovely pink shade in the colour 090 Sweet Tart for $6.97.


Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Mask - I am a huge fan of skin care and because I struggled for so long and tried so many different brands before finding what worked I will occasionally pick up something I have never gotten before. This was inexpensive so I decided I'd get it. I haven't had a chance to try this but it smells divine and the texture of the mask is slightly exfoliating but is very thick, similar to a clay mask. I picked this up for $4.79 BUT they are having a mail-in rebate for Canadian residents so I got to try it for free!


President's Choice Face Scrubbie - I have never had a face scrubbie and I picked up this one and used it today and really it just helps, for a lack of a better term, lather your face wash into your face, I am not sure if this will benefit me, but we will wait and see. I picked this up for $2.99.


Secret Scent Expressions - I only got this because it caught my eye while picking up toothpaste and razors and they were having a 50% off sale. I browsed through all the scents and I found that Truth or Pear was the one that most appealed to me. It was a really fresh scent and I can just throw it into my bag for a quick freshen up. I picked this up for $3.47.

Sorry that I may have gone a little overboard with the amount of products and maybe the description. Hope you all enjoyed and I hope that I maybe showed you a new product that you may want to try!

-xx
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment