Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Glossybox - Canada


So it's that time again! Glossybox time! I cannot tell you how impressed I am with this team. I have been doing a lot of research about other boxes and even people's general review on customer service and I want to send a huge hurray for Glossybox. Sure, they have the odd complaint but they handle it beautifully and I think that says a lot about a company. They're also always chatting with fans and beauty conasours. I often strike up a conversation with them and they're amazing to deal with. I believe that customer service often can enhance a product huge! Now onto the actual product review!

1. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer - This is a full sized product and I could not be happier! I have always been a HUGE fan of Aveeno but often I can be a little cheap and end up not buying it because of it's cost. The product retails for $22.99 and they include a full size bottle in the box. Since the box is only $15 it's already worth it. Now for the actual cream, I adore it, doesn't break me out and evens out my skin tone which is something I yearn for.

2. Elizabeth Grant Skin Care Shower Gel - Another full size product retailing for $20. I have never used this shower gel before and I got the scent Golden Angel, which is slightly stronger than I normally wear but it has a nice floral scent that I will definitely be trying tonight!

3. Wella Brilliance Conditioner Fine to Normal - This conditioner smells absolutely amazing. And from the card it says it contains diamond dust for an incredible shine. I have fine hair and it is also coloured and I am very excited to give this conditioner a try. A full bottle retails for about $13.99 and the sample looks like I could get 2-3 washes out of it, keep in mind my hair just got past my ears in length so if you have longer hair, you might go through it quicker.

4. Wella Brilliance Treatment Fine to Normal - About 9 months ago I chopped off all my hair because I killed it from too much colouring and heat styling (I will be doing a hair story soon) so I am a huge fan of these sorts of products. I am constantly trying to find a new treatment to keep my hair healthy. Again I think I might be able to get about 2-3 treatments done and a full bottle retails for $13.99. If it does a good job, I am definitely purchasing a full size bottle.

5. Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara - Ironically I ran out of mascara this morning so this is perfect timing! In my review for "Benefit They're Real" I said I wasn't too fussy with mascaras and that still holds true. I tested this one and it does lengthen and adds volume so it's job is done, and I find the formula doesn't clump too easily, which I enjoy. Again another full size product which is amazing and it retails for $12.50 in store, which is a reasonable price for mascara.

Bonus - As a little bonus they threw in a sample of Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm, I think it'll be a 1 or maybe 2 time use but I am excited to use it since I have hopped on the BB Cream bandwagon. This retails at $22.95 so a little more expensive than Garnier but if I feel like I like it a lot better I may consider switching. All in all a nice little bonus.

My final verdict is... this box was pretty awesome and I am extremely excited about it. It is definitely well worth its $15 since 3 of the products make it already a $55 dollar box... how insane is that!? Anyway if you'd like your very own Glossybox (which is definitely recommended if you're a product junkie like me) you can click the link here.

Also feel free to follow them on twitter (you can get there by clicking here) , if you'd like to chat or ask them some questions. Tell them lbdgirls sent you. Also follow us on twitter and feel free to chat with us, we love hearing from you all!

Hope you enjoy and if you'd like any in depth product reviews let me know and I'll put them up as soon as possible!

-xx
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment