Sunday, May 6, 2012

Antique Markets

Hi guys! This evening I want to talk to you guys about Antique Markets!
I  have been going to antique markets with my family since I was a little girl and absolutely love them!  My boyfriend and I go almost religiously every Sunday, and we always find something interesting.  I think antique markets are a great place to find really unique items at a good price - but be warned you may end up buying more than you anticipated!

I have been to several antique markets over the years but I here are my two favourites :

1. St Lawrence Antique Market, Toronto.  This is a great inside market which happens on Sundays in downtown Toronto.  You don't have to pay to get in, and it's always filled with interesting items.  They  have a wide range of jewellery and camera equipment (which is my personal favourite).  It's great to even just wander around and look.  You can find out more information about this market here.

2. Aberfoyle Antique Market, Aberfoyle.  This is an outside market, so be sure to dress for the weather, which also takes place on Sundays.  You do have to pay to get in ($2 per person or $15 for a season pass), but I personally think it's worth it!  This market is known for it's furniture selection but they also have plenty of other cool items and fresh local produce.  They also have a hot dog and ice cream stand, so you could spend the day there if you wish too.  You can find out more information here.

No matter which market you go to, make sure to bring cash, good shoes (as you may be wondering around for several hours) and have a way to transport your goods home.  And if you're in the mood, you can usually barter and get an even better deal!   I personally believe antique markets are one the best ways to find unique items for your home, and have a fun day out! Where are your favourite places to find unique items ?
-xx Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment